Saturday, June 16th, Berkeley celebrates Juneteenth from 11 am to 7 pm in south Berkeley’s five-block Alcatraz-Adeline corridor. Come visit us at the Berkeley Democratic Club booth! Stay tuned for more info!
The oldest and largest Democratic Club in Alameda County, the Berkeley Democratic Club stands for these principles:
- Government is a force for good, providing a safety net for the most vulnerable and under-served in our society and bringing balance and fairness to the market economy.
- Access to health care, a decent standard of living, a clean and safe environment and access to quality education from early childhood to college are fundamental.
- Diversity and inclusion in the political process lead to better outcomes.
- Public policy should be crafted based on sound research and best practices, with social and economic justice as our guide.
- Government should be ethically and fiscally responsible.
These priorities ought to be fought for at every level — local, state, federal and global. We believe the Democratic Party offers the best vehicle to advance our principles, and the Berkeley Democratic Club also support the principles behind the adopted platforms of the state and national Democratic Party.